The meaning of "VPS" and the reason of making it relevant to you as a Forex trader
Monday, 17 February 2014 by Administrator
Do you know what the meaning of “VPS” and the reason of making it relevant to you as a Forex trader? Forex VPS is a service that helps traders to operate their expert advisors on a dedicated server that will be running 24/7 without interruptions, independently from the computer of the trader and without any actions from the trader’s side.
In fact a single physical computer can house several virtual private servers at one time (hence the word “virtual”). Yet each VPS still has its own dedicated amount of power and stability to run a certain application, like your trading software.
A VPS is a unique type of server which is located on the same computer as many other virtual private servers; this is why they are called “virtual.” Despite the reality that they’re all located on one machine, they can work independently of each other. Using your own VPS, you can install an operating system of your select, have the ability to reboot your system, and basically have complete control over the server as though it was the only one on the device. You are guaranteed a specific amount of space, RAM, and transfer allowance per a month. Your VPS has a dedicated power supply and delivers flexibility, stability, and convenience.
While you can certainly do a lot from your own computer, there are limitations:
- If you don’t take your PC with you, you will not be able to trade. With a notebook PC this can work, but a desktop PC is no doubt out of the question. In this condition, consider that you’ll be restrained to your desk.
- If local power or Internet connection to your house or office severance, you can’t trade either.
- If you need to trade, then your PC has to be running. So if you’re running automated trading programs, you will not be able to power your PC on all the day.
- Your PC will take long time to transmit your trading orders. Even a bit of a second longer is enough for slippage, meaning orders being executed at prices that changed during the time it took for your order to reach your fx broker. This could be a very effective problem. Slippage of just 0.5 pips over 100trades of standard lots will lose you $500.
VPS makes the forex trading different
- You can trade from any place where PC exists (friend, Internet cafe, hotel…) and an internet connection. Just connect to your VPS for Forex. With a centrally located VPS, your access to trading is literally global.
- You can keep making your trades throughout power outages, fires or floods because the data centers that house VPS systems are built for purposes to resist such catastrophes, with backup systems to take the strain in the disaster times.
- The ability to let your trades run automatically day and night, keep in the knowledge that a VPS operates more robust operating system software than simple PCs, and makes longer periods of uptime (goes on working without stops for longer periods).
- Making more money from your trades thanks to less slippage. A VPS system executes your trading orders faster using its extra processing power and higher speed Internet connections. Slippage happens when the latency time of a system exceeds about 200 milliseconds. A home computer running the Meta trader 4 interface will usually have a latency of around 800 milliseconds.
Trading using a VPS system housed close to your broker’s offices can decrease latency to as low as 100 milliseconds and therefore under the “slippage limit.”
For a higher VPS price, you can get better system stability, more processing power and higher Internet access speeds. Lower priced offers can still work, just be sure that the specifications match your needs.
VPSforextrader is an excellent hosting solution designed for Forex traders. Our platform supports MetaTrader, all EAs, and is designed to be completely compatible with most Forex brokers. MetaTrader can be run on any Windows hosting solution, but no other hosting provider is suitable for meeting the specific needs of a Forex trader. VPSforextrader is designed to satisfy these needs and has ensured that our platform is totally compatible with the tools used in Forex trading. Our concentrate on Forex trading has enabled us to automate account creation, updates, and more. It is difficult for other hosting providers to offer the compatibility and assurance that the applications will work properly on their platform.
We are fully proficient and capable of supporting the following:
- Metatrader Platform
- Most Forex Brokers
- All Expert Advisors (EAs) and Bots
- Trading Signals
Extra to the support and compatibility above, VPSforextrader can professionally provide customer support in the following areas. Not all hosting providers will provide support for problems in specific applications hosted with them.
Choosing a hosting provider that isn’t made for MT4 will putt your account at risk! VPSforextrader designed its hosting solution specifically for Forex traders aiming to automate trading on MetaTrader and with Expert Advisors (EAs).